We finally got around to carving a pumpkin! We wanted to wait to do it as a family, but it didn't work out. Nathan has just been crazy busy with school and work. I feel so bad for him. It is too bad that he's responsible for going to school FULL time and work FULL time and have a family FULL time all at the same time... I couldn't pull it off. We admire him so much for all he does and still manages to be so
successful with work and get A's in school. We think he's so awesome!!!

Anyway after that little tribute to Nathan.....we'll get to pumpkins. So we let Ethan pick out a pumpkin, of course he wanted a big one, why not? So here's just a few pictures of our carving experience. Here's the before picture, he's checking it out, studying it.....
I think here he's starting to like the pumpkin and getting attached.....


Here's him after me telling him we're going to cut the pumpkin up.....I think he was a little nervous, thinking he would lose his new friend : )



Now he's starting to get the idea.

And we get to work!

Here's Ethan's "work/concentration" face.....interestingly enough his daddy makes the same face when working on projects, ha ha. Like father like son right?

All finished!!!!! I asked him, "what do you think E?" and he said, "wow" (his wow face)
Here's his proud face. I think he felt like he accomplished something huge....even though he did have lots of help from mommy.


I just had to take everyone on a play by play so you could see all of Ethan's animated faces... He just keeps me laughing. He has so much personality and is so cute I had to share. We had a great time! (more Halloween pictures to come)
5 comments:
hahaha, i loved how you said, "I think he was a little nervous, thinking he would lose his new friend "
that was really funny!
cute pictures! he sure is growing up so fast. TOO fast if you ask me. what a fun boy he is!
love all the latest posts.. so cute. !!!
Ethan's many faces were so fun to see and he did a good job on his pumpkin face. Thanks for sharing.
Carving pumpkins is of my favorite Halloween activities. It's fun to see Ethan get so involved in the process. Keep up the good work, Nathan -- very impressive to keep pulling down the A's with your schedule.
Looks like fun! Isaac got attached to his pumpkin too. I can't believe how much he looks like your side of the family. He looks just like YOU when he is pulling all of his silly faces.
His little faces are SO cute!
Post a Comment