Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving time



So I'm a little behind, like usual with my postings........I like to pretend things will get better after having the baby but.........I'm sure that's not going to happen. But here's for hoping right?

So here's a short glimpse of our wonderful Thanksgiving......
We started out a day early this year. My bro. Brent, sis in law Janeen and their adorable son Jackson James came down for a short visit. I say short b/c they were here the day before thanksgiving and then flew out...........Thanksgiving morning at around 4 am, yikes !! They were actually surprising my whole family, my mom and sis Carrie were the only ones who knew they were coming. It was especially exciting b/c my lil' bro Jeffrey and sis Caitlin had never met Jackson so it was extra exciting for them. As for us we decided to have a little pre Thanksgiving party with them since we had them for a day :)

Here's a couple of shots of our fun...
we ran over to Nathan's bank to have a little ping pong tournament. Janeen and I had fun but it was mostly Nathan and Brent....an on-going battle between them. We enjoyed watching :)


We ate some good food- fajitas cooked up by Nathan, very yummy and then some good old fashion Turkeyday pie which turned out pretty good, I'm not a big pie lover but not too bad. And of course the Carver tradition of Shirley temples. As you can probably guess we were up late and being silly in these pictures.


The fellas giving cheers




The ladies ...


The two real stars of the show.....Shelby & Jackson, we can already tell they are going to be good buds. They are about 6 months apart and they love each other. It's so cute to watch them play. They are both mild mannered little peeps, both sweet, cuddly and playful. We love them :)





Since I was the one who took the crew to the airport Nathan was so kind to do lots of the food preparation for me so I could catch some sleep. ( I have an awesome husband!!! Sadly I couldn't catch him in the act of doing it on film, too bad ;)

Here's Etom presenting our feast. He was so excited with the preparation, watching us, asking questions........(his favorite thing to do right now) and helping as much as he could. However once things got under way and we began eating he wasn't that excited about that part. I think he got worn out just watching us. It's like he knew it was a special day and it was exciting but couldn't quite get what the whole thing was about. We tried to explain things to him as much as we could. For the most part he loved that we were all together and mom and dad were his that day.

Part of our finished turkey, turned out very moist and delicious, thanks to any helpful advice brought to you buy infamous cook "Tom Carver"



The princess loving the show

I think this was a shot after eating a bit of the pickle..........and his Iron-man by his side.

Enjoying the Shirley temples

We loved the Turkey and all of the yummy food!!!

Hope Everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving too!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so cute Nicole!! I love your cute little pregnant belly!

Mike said...

You look like you all enjoyed your little family Thanksgiving. This will be one you will treasure. By the way, what is a Shirley Temple?