Today was a pretty exciting day!! We had lots of errands we needed to run, but first Nathan had to replace the fuel pump in the blazer. He was tired from working all week but he wanted to be responsible and take care of that first. I was getting ready in the house and the kids were taking naps. I was just putting on some mascara in the hallway mirror and next thing I know Nathan walks in and goes inside the bathroom. Ethan had just woken up and was talking to Nathan, "what are you doing daddy?" ( a few times and no response ) I thought for a second, it was kind of weird Nathan wasn't responding to him, but I thought maybe he's just busy and not paying attention to Ethan. Then I sort of re-played it through my mind and realized Nathan did walk in pretty fast and was holding his head, now that I think of it, and he didn't say anything to me and sort of brushed by me on his way in. Curious I wandered into the bathroom just to make sure all was ok........... All was not ok. The sink had blood all over it and Nathan was holding his head with red hands. My heart raced, I being a woman immediately panicked and grabbed the phone to dial 911. Nathan was very calm and said he was fine. He even said, (quote) "can't we just put a band aid on it?"
So from there we woke Shelby up packed her and E in the car and were off to the E.R.
What happened was Nathan was busy, being responsible, fixing the car, and this is what he gets ; ) He was in a hurry trying to get things done and he grabbed something from our storage shed in the back and then came around to the front to where the cars are parked and walked right into that corner there (in the picture I posted). We were in the E.R. for a couple of hours waiting. Ethan was very concerned with his daddy and trying to take care of him, giving him hugs and kisses.
8 shots, ( in his head, OPEN HEAD ) ( he said it was horrific ) 8 Stitches and a hundred dollars later we were on our way home. It's funny the way a man handles it. Just in comparison I would be crying from pain and shock and worried about the scar and if they would have to cut my hair......etc......Nathan on the other hand was just mad and annoyed that it happened. "What a waste of money " he said.





12 comments:
See...that's why I don't work on cars.
How's the wall?
When an irresistable force meets an in-movable object...........
Well, Nicole says you're irresistible.
Not the mama
Oh. Nathan, I'm so sorry you got hurt. Jared had to tell me, Dad didn't mention it. He knows I don't ever want to see you hurt! Take care. Love MOM
ouch - that's a nice one. You look like you would rather be doing something else than sitting in an ER on a Saturday. Thomalee says we must be related.
Well, I think that you are just trying to keep up with Nicole with her "head injury"!! Ha Ha!!!Nathan, you really went over the top with that one!! And so realistic too...
Seriously...be careful...just buy all new vehicles with warranties!!
We hope you're ok : ) Take care of yourself!
That looks terrible, I seriously would have fainted....hope he feels better!!!
Ouch! I hate stuff like that! Mike would be the same way I had to laugh. He would be annoyed. I would be crying and be a big baby. Hate days like that. Glad it wasn't worse though! Like the new page and pics of the cute kiddies!
Gee Nathan, why do you have to be such a guy! You know you would have felt so much better if you just bawled like a baby!!!! I would have!! Nicole, I'm proud of you! I would have totally just started freaking out! Way to take control of the situation!! We're glad it's not too serious!!!!
Poor Nathan. That looks like it really hurt. I would be freaking out if it were me or Logan. I'm not good with blood. And neither is Logan. I'm glad he got it all stitched up. He probably felt a little embarrassed that he hit the side of the house.
Post a Comment